A Conversion Story (Part XI)

(Coming in late? Start from the beginning!)


“Satan seeketh to turn their hearts away from the truth, that they become blinded and understand not the things which are prepared for them” (Doctrine & Covenants 78:10).

Sister Johanson and Sister Fairbanks had, as mentioned previously, wanted to find me for several weeks. When they finally came to the door, that night, I was ecstatic. My mother asked who was there and, while she was willing to let us meet downstairs, in the family room, she insisted that I clean up first. I sent them out to sit on the covered portion of the deck for about fifteen minutes while I cleaned.

When I finally got it straightened up enough to bring them downstairs, we started talking about a book they had brought for me—The Book of Mormon. I replied that I already had one and ran upstairs to get it. When I got back, they asked me if I’d read any of it, and I responded that I had read up to “Mo-SEE-uh” and was really enjoying it. (They probably corrected me; I don’t remember, for sure.) As we continued talking, they also told me that they had another book for me, Gospel Principles. I informed them that I had that one, too, and ran back up to my room to get that.

In the course of our meeting, that evening, I had to run up the stairs fourteen times. The aforementioned two times, of course, were a completely valid part of our discussion; the other twelve were my phone ringing (I had my own line). Everyone who could possibly call, did: friends, wrong numbers, telemarketers, everyone. Over an hour later, the official missionary discussion still hadn’t even begun.



Tune in next time for Part XII!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Equality

The True Cost of a REAL Wedding

The President Packer Postulate (Part I)